Live! Seriously! Let’s do this!
Last weekend, intern Kelsey was reading through the Hey students! series. During Monday’s traffic meeting, she suggested that it’d be really helpful for students if we could talk to them directly about the entire series “live, in-person.”
You know what, intern Kelsey? That’s a Great™ idea! And so, Oxide is taking Hey students! on the road.
It’s called Hey students! Yeah you! Live! Seriously! Let’s do this! And it goes like this:
- It’s an open invitation to any group that cares about design education (and is reasonably close to us geographically).
- We’ll come to you and cover the Hey students! series in-depth in a slide presentation. It includes every post to date, plus some surprises.
- It will be an honest discussion of important things you should know as a student of design. Honest (as in, we’re going to say some things that you may not want to hear). Discussion (as in, we want you to ask questions).
- We’re going to look at your portfolios “live, in-person.” We’d like a couple of volunteers at each session to offer their portfolios for live critique. We won’t embarrass you. We just want to show real examples of student work to illustrate some important points. Really, we won’t embarrass you.
- And finally, we want you to care enough to ask for it. So if you do, forward this post to your instructors and tell them that you care. That you know you’ve got competition. That you know awards don’t matter. That you’re ready to let go of the leave behinds. That, well, all of these things.
Send us an email. Seriously! Let’s do this!