Hello and welcome to the 3rd iteration of oxidedesign.com!
Creating this site has been a dream come true; we’re doing some amazing things here. Not only is the design great, but the functionality behind the scenes allowed me to challenge my abilities. Everything you see going on in the site has been meticulously crafted in order to make it easy for all the guys here at Oxide to create really great looking layouts in blog posts and project pages. Going forward, you’ll see some really nice things happening that should make this site more enjoyable for everybody.
The site comes fully loaded with a ton of great features:
- HTML5 & CSS3, complete with all those fancy semantic tags and even a few transition animations.
- A plugin (written by me) which allows for the addition of pull-quotes in post text.
- A plugin (written by me) which allows for the meticulous ordering of posts, which helps us make the project pages so awesome.
- Dynamically-sized images which we can change on-the-fly, giving us a great deal of control and versatility when presenting images on the portfolio and project pages.
- Varied presentation of different image types, giving greater flexibility to the appearance of portfolio pieces. This includes a randomized shadow under some images, giving a more unique feeling than a typical drop-shadow.
- Better association of blog posts with portfolio pieces, combining every relevant piece of information about a project on a single page.
- A vastly improved and highly usable comment form. Write a comment, it will make you happier.
- Searchable portfolio content, and improved overall search functionality. (The search pages work beautifully, by the way – you should search for something now.)
- Full integration of Avenir® Next, Oxide’s corporate typeface.
Welcome back from trying the new search functionality! (You did go and try it, didn’t you?) I’m sure there are a few more awesome things going on that I’m not remembering, but the point is that overall, a lot of hard work has gone into this not only by me, the code guy, but by everybody here at Oxide pulling together and making this new site happen. Joe will have to tell you about the amazing design for the site, Adam will have to tell you about all the photography, and Drew will have to talk about the arduous task of overseeing such a massive project and seeing that it actually came to completion.
None of this would be possible without this group of individuals. I’m really pleased to have the opportunity to present such an amazing site, and to continue to work with such a great team. All that aside, what is most important here is that the site is better for you, the reader. You see what I did there? I used my pull-quote plugin, it’s really nice.
But wait, there’s more!
I should also inform you that this isn’t everything. We still have plenty of enhancements and improvements to bring to the table, so keep coming back and keep clicking around, the site is only going to get better from here.